I am interested in gardening…
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer gardener with us, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 347 0529.
We will ask you to:
- Complete an application form
- Meet with us to chat through what you would like to get out of volunteering and gardening with us
- Join Disclosure Scotland’s PVG scheme through us (this is a free process)
We welcome volunteer gardeners from across the city to get in touch, you don’t need to be an experienced gardener.
I am interested in sharing my garden with a garden volunteer…
The most generous way of looking after your garden is to share it with someone who wants to grow. If you find it difficult to look after your garden now, due to health issues or time pressures, we would love to hear from you.
In exchange for a plot to grow and share fruit and veg to share with you, an EGP volunteer will undertake some routine garden maintenance for you.
Read more about the benefits of garden sharing here.
I don’t have the time to commit to regular volunteering with EGP, but I would like to support the charity, what can I do?
- We organise a programme of one-off volunteering events to help with garden clearance and maintenance for those most in need. These events are held on weekdays and weekends with small groups of volunteers from March to October.
- You could help us by organising a fundraising event. We rely solely on donations and charitable trusts to carry out our work. If you are considering doing something for charity this year, please consider EGP! You can pledge your support on our MyDonate page and Help Us Grow!
- Tell others! the best way that gardeners get to hear that they can become a garden partner is through you, sow the seeds!
If you feel you can offer skills or experience that could help us then get in touch via email on email@example.com or call us on 0131 347 0529